This class is designed to educate the parents about the impact of the pending court action upon the child and will teach the parent’s appropriate application of parenting functions.
The class is partly education about divorce dynamics, and partly to prepare you for working through and creating your Parenting Plan which will be included as part of your court action. It is preferable that you attended class prior to working out your plan. This class covers the following information:
- Learn about the potential impact of the court action upon a child
- Identify the appropriate ways to address parenting functions
- Identify the developmental stages of children
- Learn about the ways to support the child’s adjustment to parental separation
- Identify the elements of Nebraska’s Parenting Plan and how to develop the Plan
- Learn about alternative dispute resolution; conflict management; stress reduction; appropriate language usage and positive communication;
- Identify safety provisions for safety and transition plans under the Nebraska Parenting Act
- Identify attributes of child abuse, neglect, domestic intimate partner abuse and unresolved parental conflict and how they impact members of the family.
- Identify parenting through separation resources and references for those wanting to get more information from websites and books